According to the United States Department of Transportation, around 50,000 truck accidents occur each year. One person is killed in a trucking accident approximately every sixteen minutes in the United States alone. Any time a smaller vehicle collides with a large truck, the damages and injuries left behind can be profound. Victims of serious trucking accidents need to protect their rights by working with a Truck Accident Attorney.
These are the top five benefits of hiring an attorney to help with an injury claim:
- An injured victim can receive an accurate understanding of the value of their claim so they are not attempting to make guesses. Knowing the value of a claim is vital for receiving a fair outcome.
- The legal process is sometimes confusing, especially for a victim. The average person does not know what paperwork needs to be completed or what documents need to be filed so they can pursue a lawsuit. Trying to pursue a lawsuit without legal intervention can be fruitless.
- Going against an insurance company can be a daunting task. When a person is not represented by an attorney, they can end up falling victim to the unscrupulous methods insurance adjusters use to come against victims. Without the help of an attorney, settlements will likely be much lower.
- Because attorneys work on contingency, they are motivated to win. A loss means the attorney will not be paid any fees. This is why attorneys are careful to only take cases they believe have a winning chance.
- If a person is being represented by an attorney, the attorney can take their case to trial, should negotiations with the insurance company prove futile. An injured victim should never consider pursuing a lawsuit alone because they do not have a full knowledge of what it takes to prove liability in an injury claim.
If you have been seriously injured in a trucking accident that was the fault of the truck driver, know your rights and hire a Truck Accident Attorney. If you are in need of legal help and would like insight into your claim, visit Alpernschubertlaw.com. Call today to schedule your consultation. You can also connect them on Facebook for more updates.