When a person is buying or selling a home, they may wonder if it is necessary to hire a real estate lawyer in Huntersville, NC. The answer to this question is dependent on a number of factors. Getting to know what these factors are can help a person determine if they should hire a lawyer.
When Buyers Should Hire an Attorney
Some of the situations when an attorney should hire a real estate lawyer in Huntersville, NC include:
* If they are a buyer from out of town.
* If they are purchasing property that is bank owned or offered through a short sale.
* If they are purchasing property that is part of an estate sale.
* If they are purchasing commercial property.
* If they are purchasing property that may have structural problems.
* If they are purchasing property in a problematic area, such as in a flood zone or with adverse conditions: toxicity levels, radon, tornado prone, etc.
When Sellers Should Hire an Attorney
Those purchasing real estate are not the only ones who may need to hire an attorney. Some of the situations that would make a lawyer necessary for a seller include:
* If they are selling property that is in some type of distress.
* If they are the executor or heir of property where the original owner is deceased.
* If they are selling the property with a partner who is non-cooperative.
* If they have the feeling that something may go wrong.
* If there are any liens or judgements in their background.
If a person is facing any of these situations, in the buyer or seller position, then they could likely benefit from the services of a real estate attorney. If none of these factors are present, then they can likely continue the process with the help of their realtor.
Considering the state of the property and if anything could or may go wrong is essential when buying or selling property. Don’t rush into a sale or purchase without legal advice. For those who are still unsure, they can find more information here. Being informed is the best way to find out if an attorney is necessary.