Auto accidents are increasing in numbers and much of this increase is attributed to driver distraction and negligence. When a driver is negligent and causes an accident, it is imperative the victims understand they have rights and can receive compensation for their measurable damages. With the help of an auto injury lawyer in Live Oak, FL, the process of seeking compensation is much easier for the injured victim.
How Do Lawyers Help?
Although a minor accident doesn’t probably call for the help of an auto injury lawyer in Live Oak, FL, serious injuries often require legal intervention. There are many steps a lawyer will take to make sure their client receives the fair outcome they deserve.
- The first step in the process is for the lawyer to launch an investigation and work towards gathering evidence on behalf of their client. In any personal injury case, having ample evidence is crucial. The lawyer will work to prove liability and the measurable damages their client suffered as a result of the accident.
- It is imperative the injured victim is released by their doctor before the lawyer continues any further in pursuing the claim. The lawyer will need to know their client has been released or be notified by the client’s doctor that their condition will never improve or has been stabilized.
- The lawyer will work to gather all of the medical records and billing statements for their client. The lawyer will only be able to take these steps after a medical release has been signed by the client. This is one of the lengthiest parts of the process because some medical professionals take a long time to provide information.
- The lawyer will work to send a demand letter to the insurance company and solicit an offer for their client. This typically begins a negotiation process to help ensure the client receives a fair settlement offer.
- If the insurance company is not fair in their approach, the lawyer will pursue a case in court on behalf of their client. Sometimes, a lawsuit is the only way to get fair compensation.
Get Help Today
If you would like help with your auto injury claim, visit Northfloridaautoaccidentlawyer.com. Allow them to help you in your pursuit of fair compensation.